Happy Tuesday! I hope your week is off to a good start. I have been getting back into the swing of things at work after being home the weekend prior. Next week, I will be in Savannah visiting Evan. I can hardly wait 🙂
Work went well today. I enjoyed a great lunch! (I always look forward to lunch time) Today I had cherries, almonds, and an organic yogurt with a Spinach/Kale salad. Lately, I have been loving the dressing: Newman’s Own Asian Sesame Ginger. It really has a zesty zing at the end!
Running outside in the summer (especially afternoon) is difficult for me. To learn more about exercising safely in the summer heat, click here.
For dinner, I enjoyed quesadillas with friends. We stuffed them with cheese, sweet potatoes, and black beans. They were a deliciously healthy (and vegetarian) dinner.
Sweet Potato Quesadillas
- 4 whole wheat tortillas
- 1 sweet potato, shredded
- 1 can of black beans, drained and warmed on stove
- 1 8 oz. bag of shredded cheese (we used pepperjack)
- Additional fillers as desired (onions, tomatoes, peppers, etc.)
1. Line cookie sheet with tin foil and spray non-stick oil.
2. Load warmed black beans, sweet potatoes, cheese, and any other toppings onto quesadillas.
3. Bake in over at 375 degrees for 15-17 minutes.
4. Top with salsa, guacamole, or sour cream. (optional)
This isn’t the greatest picture but it tasted delicious and was very filling. Black beans are full of fiber which gives you a feeling of fullness. Sweet potatoes are loaded with vitamin A, which aids in vision and skin health.
Tonight, I will be organizing my belongings for my Savannah trip. I can’t wait to post pictures and keep you all updated on my travels. I have heard it’s a beautiful place to vacation!
Looking ahead, I will soon be writing reviews on exercise clothing, running shoes, and easy summer meals. I hope you continue checking back. For an easy way to follow me, make sure to “like” my facebook page!
Until next time–have a great evening!