You guys…this is starting to become a problem. I have been obsessed with making breakfast always. Lately, I’ve been having breakfast for breakfast… and lunch…and dinner. I apologize for the lack of variety in my blog recipes because today’s will be no exception.
I had an idea on my week off of work to discover a truly healthy muffin recipe. I have been inspired by multiple pinterest recipes but each one lacked an ingredient or two that I was missing in my kitchen. Eventually, I combined a few to make up these healthy, filling, and absolutely delicious muffins. My mom had one for breakfast that kept her full for a few hours. At 150 calories a pop, you can even afford a couple for breakfast. Or lunch. Or dinner.
Dark Chocolate Pecan Health Muffins
- 2.5 cups of old fashion oats
- 1 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup honey
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp of vanilla
- 1/2 cup of dark chocolate chips (optional, but delicious)
- 1/2 cup of pecan pieces (optional, but scrumptious)
1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2) Blend the oats into a fine grain in the blender. This will probably take about 20 seconds on high. Set aside oats in separate bowl to blend in later.
3) Blend the remainder of ingredients in the blender until they become a fine paste, this will take about a minute on high. Slowly add oats into blender until the batter is completely mixed. Fold in chocolate chips and nuts gradually.
4) Pour muffin batter evenly into 12 lined or greased muffin tins and bake for 17-19 minutes at 400 degrees.
In other news, my mom and I completed our first race together this morning. We had a great time and I think it was a great motivator for both of us to exercise more together.
We followed our race up up a brewery tour. 🙂 The race took place in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin which is the home of Leinenkugal’s Brewery. We enjoyed our free samples on the patio afterwords. Overall, it was a relaxing and fun morning spent with one of my most favorite people.
The rest of the weekend will be spent hanging out and getting ready for the upcoming week. I hope you have a great rest of your day!