Happy, Happy weekend blog readers!
I hope you are enjoying your day so far! I woke up this morning and wanted to accomplish a run before I changed my mind. I ended up having a great run and am loving my Map-My-Run App through my ipod touch. It calculates my mile and pace time with it’s GPS capabilities. Every mile I run, it dims my music and announces my progress. Love it!
Lately, I have been cooking up a storm in the kitchen. As with every new chef, some recipes work out better than others. Here are a couple of my latest that I would recommend to you.
When I first started making this recipe, I wasn’t even positive what edaname even was. Come to find out, it is a shelled soybean and is known for its rich protein content. For individuals who enjoy meat-free sources of protein, this can be a great entree to a healthy lunch or dinner. It also stores well and can be eaten as leftovers. I love the crunchy, nutty taste that keeps me full for hours.
- 1- 10oz package of frozen edamame
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1/3 cup of mozzarella or Parmesan cheese
- garlic salt or salt and pepper to taste
1) Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees and lay frozen edamame in the bottom of a baking dish
2) Drizzle top with olive oil and sprinkle cheese and any spices
3) Bake for 13-15 minutes and enjoy!
I enjoyed this dish for a couple of my work-time lunches this past week. It was excellent paired with yogurt and fruit to complete a meal!
Greek Yogurt Pancakes
I woke up this morning and knew I wanted something for breakfast with major staying power. I whipped up a batch of greek yogurt pancake and was ready to tackle my day.
- 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup any flavored yogurt (doesn’t have to be greek)
- 3/4 cup plain oatmeal
- 2 egg whites or 1 whole egg
- cinnamon, nutmeg, pumpkin spice, etc to taste
1) Blend all of these ingredients together and pour onto non-stick skillet.
2) Cook each side for about 1.5 minutes before flipping
3) Top with your choice (Berries, Nut Butters, Syrup, Jellies, etc.)
Question: What are your favorite things to make in the kitchen?
Have a great weekend!